CTRA’s Project Center is a unique space for inquiry, collaboration, reading, and academic study. We can be found on the second floor of CTRA toward the front of the building. The Project Center houses 2 side conference rooms, the main library/collaboration space, and our IT department. We also offer access to the neighboring computer lab. Please call x2206 for any requests or inquiries.
- ResearchItCT – A great resource for access to magazines, newspapers, and academic journals, all available for free. For the newspapers, and to access this site from home, you may need a library barcode.
- CTRA’s Library Catalog– Searchable database of CTRA’s resource collection. Materials may be borrowed and returned from the Project Center. Personal accounts may be set-up with the Library Media Specialist.
- APA STYLE CENTRAL– An interactive guide to APA style. Currently accessible from Goodwin College.
- CQ Researcher– A database on current issues with helpful research guides. See Library Media Specialist for password.
- GREENR– A database on current environmental topics. Accessible from CTRA. See Library Media Specialist for off-campus/remote access.
- ArXiv – scientific papers in the fields of mathematics, physics, astronomy, electrical engineering, computer science, quantitative biology, statistics, and quantitative finance
- CTRA Countries of the World Resources – a page of a variety of websites with country-by-country information
How-tos & FAQs:
CTRA has three 3D Printers thanks to the EXPECT MSAP grant, and these printers are for both scholar and educator use. 3D printers are fantastic tools to make your inventions and dreams a physical reality! You can take a look on sites like Thingiverse for pre-designed projects, or visit sites like Tinkercad to design your own innovative plans.
If you would like to use one of these printers, please use the appropriate form below to apply for a 3D printing reservation. One of our staff will get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your project.
Printer is for staff use only. Scholars who need to print out a poster must work with an Educator/Mentor to send a request for printing. Posters should be directly related to the curriculum and/or instruction.
All requests for Poster Printing should be sent to the Library Media Specialist at email@example.com, along with the attached file. Your file will be printed within 48 hours of receipt, or you will be contacted in the event of any delay.
(Pura) Belpré Medal
"The Belpré Medal honors a Latino/Latina writer and illustrator whose works best portray, affirm, and celebrate the Latino cultural experience in an outstanding work of literature for children and youth.” (ALA)
Stonewall Book Awards
“The first and most enduring award for GLBT books is the Stonewall Book Awards, sponsored by the American Library Association’s Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Round Table. Since Isabel Miller’s Patience and Sarah received the first award in 1971, many other books have been honored for exceptional merit relating to the gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender experience.” (ALA)
The Coretta Scott King Book Awards are given annually to outstanding African American authors and illustrators of books for children and young adults that demonstrate an appreciation of African American culture and universal human values.” (ALA)