About Connecticut River Academy
We believe learning should not be confined to a classroom. We believe your child's success later in life depends on the choices you make now.
Early college high school model
In addition to a full range of high school courses, students grade 11-12 have the opportunity to earn up to 35 transferable college credits through our Early College model. Unlike at many other high schools, our students get a head start on their college career while still in high school, all at no tuition cost. At the Connecticut River Academy, students are prepared academically and socially for college — laying an important foundation for their future success. Our students enjoy a curriculum filled with opportunities for hands-on learning and discovery — inside and outside the classroom.
Advanced manufacturing and technology high school
The Connecticut River Academy's sustainability theme includes two areas of study: environmental science and advanced manufacturing.
Environmental science provides students with opportunities to experience first-hand what environmental scientists and engineers actually do. Students learn about relevant environmental and social issues such as climate change and green energy in the school's state-of-the-art laboratories and on its very own research vessel.
Thanks to CTRA’s connection to Goodwin University, students can also explore how current advancements in technology will shape the future of our planet with advanced manufacturing. Working hands-on with cutting-edge equipment and high-tech machinery such as 3-D printers and robotics, students gain experience in technologies including advanced manufacturing, engineering, and logistics.
- Early College model with opportunities to earn 35 tuition-free, transferable college credits while still in high school
- Sustainability theme with a focus on the Connecticut River watershed area
- Hands-on learning including engineering and advanced technologies
- State-of-the-art technology including collegiate level science labs and laptop computers for every student
- Internship opportunities with high-tech corporations including advanced science and technology experiences
- Extended day for advanced enrichment, academic, and social supports
Magnet school transportation
We believe that everyone should have access to a great education. That’s why we make transportation to and from our magnet schools as convenient as possible. Learn about your transportation options now.
Interested in CTRA?