Our Vision, Values and Beliefs
To graduate each of our scholars with the confidence and competence required to use their gifts to engage in a successful future.
Respect – We believe in every scholar’s right to learn in a safe, open environment fostered by respectful interactions with each other and our surroundings.
Diversity – We believe in embracing differences to unify our community.
Empathy – We believe communicating understanding about the experiences of others promotes growth in ourselves and the community.
Cooperation - We believe in all community members working interdependently toward a common goal.
Relationships – We believe in developing the skills to create healthy and positive connections to our environment and within our community.
Sustainability - We believe in using Habits of Mind to make choices that positively impact our future.
Mastery - We believe that personal growth is achieved through self-awareness, confidence in one’s abilities, and openness to continuous learning.
Our Magnet Standards
CTRA scholars will contribute to a just and sustainable world by:
Magnet Standard 1: demonstrating self- and global awareness.
• Using self-reflection to identify personal values, interests, strengths and challenges
• Making plans and using strategies and resources to contribute to personal well-being, to
the well-being of others and to well-being of the environment.
• Increasing global awareness to improve the efficacy and wisdom of decisions
Magnet Standard 2: demonstrating a respect for the importance of diversity in the
• Communicating an understanding of how diversity impacts our physical, social, and
• Seeking diverse ideas and relationships
• Making collaborative and informed decisions
Magnet Standard 3: demonstrating the impact of individual and social actions and
decisions on the community of life.
• Communicating an understanding of how choices impact our environments
• Acting individually and collectively to positively impact our environments